There are large ranges of steamers ranging from professional multi-function facial steamers to simple to operate home facial steamers. Professional facial steamers are excellent for uses in salons, spas, and retreats where their usage of the steamer is much greater. For those skincare enthusiasts but don’t have the money for salons or spa facials, a home facial steamer is just for you.
✅ Best NanoSteamer Large 3-in-1 Nano Ionic Facial Steamer
Amazing product & amazing customer service – Love this for home use. Steam is not always consistent sometimes comes out in a little more strength and temp, but isn’t that big of a deal. Puts off an amazing amount of steam for a long time with one tank.
Also have used the towel heating feature and is amazing for when you want a small hot towel at home. That was part of the reason ordered this version and it was worth it.
- 1 What Are The Benefits Of Facial Steamers On the Skin?
- 2 How To Perform A Facial With The Use Of Steam?
- 3 What Features To Look For When Buying A Home Electric Facial Steamer?
- 4 What Are The Benefits Of Adding Essential Oil To Your Home Facial Steamer?
- 5 What Essential Oils Are Good For Facial Steamers For Different Skin Types?
- 6 How Are You Supposed To Use A Face Steamer?
- 7 Should I Use A Facial Sauna Before Or After Cleansing?
What Are The Benefits Of Facial Steamers On the Skin?
There are many benefits of facial steamers on the skin. These can include:
- Helps to soften plugs in pores for easy removal of dirt and dead skin debris.
- Stimulates skin blood circulation allowing the skin to look refreshed.
- Allows for deep cleansing, hence, soften, re-hydrates, and rejuvenating outer layer of skin.
- Aid to open up clogged nasal and sinus passages.
By exposing your skin to warm, moist steam from recently boiled water from the kettle, an electric facial sauna, the gym’s steam room, or by application of a hot compress (a flannel soaked in hot water, rinsed out and then placed on the treatment area such as the back and shoulders) will assist to deeply clean the skin.
The warmth from the steam will improve the skin’s blood circulation, resulting in detoxification of the skin by removing any toxins built up in the skin. Other benefits include delivering oxygen, water, and nutrients to the skin. It also can open up the skin pores and penetrates into the pores and loosens any blackheads and plugs in the pores. This softening and penetration makes it much easier to remove these plugs when exfoliating with a peel-off mask or a facial/body scrub. The end result is deep cleansed, re-hydrated, and glowing skin.
How To Perform A Facial With The Use Of Steam?
Let’s have a look at how to perform a facial with the use of steam:
The traditional way for a steam facial is by placing boiling/hot water in a bowl and placing a large towel over the head to over the face, hence, creating a tent effect over the bowl of hot water. Other ways can include a hot shower or bath, and the use of a steam room in some gyms, resorts, and retreats.
What Features To Look For When Buying A Home Electric Facial Steamer?
The most conventional way is with the use of a home electric facial steamer. The home facial steamer system has many features. These can include:
- Dual facial cones – one that is 6-3/4 inches wade and has a flared and an open side to accommodate the face, chin and neck for cleansing. Another is a smaller cone which is 3-1/2 inches wide. This allows steam to be directed into the nose where it can be breathed in during allergy and cold season.
- Simple operation – Most steam with come with a measuring tube which allows you to put the right amount of water into the powered based reservoir. By a flick of an on/off button, within minutes the water is heated.
- Timer feature – this allows you to customize the length of time for each facial or nasal treatment. This can be from 3 minutes and up to 15 minutes.
- Microderm-abrasion tool – some steamer will come with such tool that has two different attachments: one for gentle exfoliating brush and another sponge for applying moisturizer.
What Are The Benefits Of Adding Essential Oil To Your Home Facial Steamer?
A deep cleanse skin with the warm, moist and a combination of 5 to 6 drops (depending on the amount of water used) of appropriate essential oil enriched steam has many beneficial effects. Surprisingly, different essential oil can:
- Emollient, softening, and lubricate skin
- Hydrate and moisturize skin
- Acts as an antibacterial and anti-inflammatory for acne skin
What Essential Oils Are Good For Facial Steamers For Different Skin Types?
Try these essential oils for your skin type:
- Dry/Sensitive Skin – Oil of Chamomile, Lavender oil
- Oily Skin – Oil of Fennel, Rosemary, Lemon
- Normal Skin – Lavender oil, Lemon oil
- Mature and Skin Damaged by the Sun – Lemon oil, Oil of Patchouli
- Acne Prone or Inflamed Skin – Tea tree oil, Lavender oil, Chamomile oil, and Eucalyptus oil.
How Are You Supposed To Use A Face Steamer?
- You should wash all the makeup off your face (if you wear any) and then steam your face.
- You need to open the pores up before you do any more treatments. Some spas I’ve been to put conditioners and things on the face while they’re giving you steam – but steam your face for a good 15-20 minutes, then wash with mild soap.
- After, use a gentle astringent (like Clean and Clear for tighter pores), then moisturize (Clean and Clear also has a moisturizer). You have to moisturize even if you have oily skin because if your face is over dry, your oil glads will overproduce to compensate for the moisture loss and you’ll break out more.
If you follow the routine at least three times a week you should see an improvement over time. But make sure you steam your face before doing anything because you want to open the pores and allow the treatments to absorb into your skin.
Should I Use A Facial Sauna Before Or After Cleansing?
Use it before so your pores will be open when you scrub or exfoliate. then use cold water to rinse and close the pores up again to avoid dirt from air pollutants entering the skin.